Terms & Conditions
File a Warranty Claim
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Triot gives a warranty against possible construction, material and/or paintwork defects on your Triot tricycle, based on the following terms and conditions.
Transferability of Warranty
Electric Assist Systems
- The warranty period starts on the purchase date of your tricycle.
- During the valid warranty period all parts, where it has been determined by Triot that there is a material and construction defect, will be repaired or reimbursed at Triot’s discretion.
- Triot gives a 10-year warranty on material and construction defects on the frame and suspension components, excluding the shock.
- Triot gives a 2-year warranty material and construction defects on all Triot manufactured parts, including the shocks.
- All parts not manufactured by Triot, including but not limited to brakes, shifters, belts, hubs, tires, tubes, rims, lights, etc., are covered by the part manufacturer standard warranty.
Transferability of Warranty
- The warranty can only be claimed upon presentation of the original purchase invoice. The warranty is transferable, on condition that the proof of the warranty (the original purchase invoice) is presented.
Electric Assist Systems
- Triot Battery. Triot gives a 2-year warranty on the Triot battery agains material and construction defects. The capacity of the battery will decrease depending on the number of charge cycles and battery life. This decrease in capacity is not covered by the warranty. At the end of the battery’s life, it must be returned to Triot, who will follow the correct recycling procedure.
- This warranty does not cover neglect, misuse or abuse of the battery, including but not limited to the following: Dropping, freezing, over-heating, or neglecting to maintain a proper charge.
- The warranty on the battery will become void if any of the Exclusions listed above are found valid, if the battery shows signs of tampering, or has been opened. Warranty on the battery is determined solely at Triot’s discretion.
- Triot Motor, Display and other electrical components. Triot gives a 2-year warranty on the Triot motor against defects in material or construction. Warranty on the motor is determined solely at Triot’s discretion.
- Bosch System. The warranty on all parts of the Bosch system is determined solely by Bosch. Currently the warranty on the Bosch ebike system is 2 years from the date of purchase by the customer. Triot does not maintain or assume any control or rights to change or alter the stated warranty of the Bosch system.
- The above warranty terms and conditions shall not apply if:
- The safety instructions or instructions for use are not adhered to;
- There is excessive wear and tear of parts, or incorrect adjustment of e.g. tires, chain, brakes, cables, hubs, sprockets and/or derailleur set;
- The cycle is not regularly maintained and repaired by an authorized Triot technician, which includes Triot Support Network technicians, Triot factory technicians, and any technician recommended by Triot;
- Modifications are made to the original condition, such as the use of unauthorized parts and/or accessories;
- The cycle is used incorrectly and/or carelessly or not in accordance with its intended use, including but not limited to competitions and/or commercial activities;
- There is damage that has been caused by climate-related effects, such as weathering of anodizing/paintwork, corrosion and/or rust formation;
- Damage has been caused by failure to follow the user manual;
- Damage has been caused by transportation (e.g. bicycle racks or trailers);
- The cycle continues to be used, despite damage and/or defects having been found, and this makes the damage worse.
- Complaints and warranty claims will be dealt with directly by Triot. In the event of complaints or questions about the warranty, Triot will always be your first point of contact. Triot will then make a definitive assessment on whether the warranty applies. The customer must send the part in question, when possible, to Triot for examination.
- You may incur costs for any assembly or dismantling of the Triot.
- You may be charged for the transport charges associated with getting the cycle and/or parts to Triot.
- A claim honored by Triot under these warranty terms and conditions expressly does not constitute any admission of liability on the part of Triot for any loss or damage suffered by the owner or third parties. Any liability on the part of Triot for consequential damage is hereby expressly excluded. Triot’s liability is limited to what is set out in these warranty terms and conditions, unless otherwise arising from a mandatory legal provision.
- Liability as a consequence of printing or typographical errors is excluded.
Triot handles all warranty claims directly with the customer. To begin your warranty claim please fill out the form below. We will contact you upon receiving your completed claim. It is our highest priority to address your warranty claims quickly and professionally.